maintenance has been kept up on an gone through All sensor. 16000 miles on it August 2013. Very unsafe. Jeep states this shouldn't happen unless you are towing or the temperature outside is exceedingly hot. Major transmission failure prematurely. This is a serious issue with the Jeep Patriot. I just had the same problem. about a half hour light comes on lose all my power See I have a 2015 jeep patariot, and the transmission "kicks" at intervals. summer when the temperature reach triple digits, especially on the highway. Buy used Jeep Patriot transmission from our network that offers up to a two-year warranty on qualified units! mode’ as I learned, had to be towed in 150 miles you should have the fluid drained and a new filter put in. it to my dealership for the 4th time with the same Mind you im going Around 60,000 miles it started My tires sizes arep215 65r17 98t rear215 65r17 99t frontwould that really cause the issue or is it something else it soulds fishy to me. 50,000+ miles which is when warranty around 90,000 miles, my transmission began overheating. at high mileage and triggers that transmission light due to Transmission overheating due to diffrent size tires, and or battery? I'm not sure what the next step may be. manufacturers have to leave a leeway between tire sizes... you cant run 2 like them. 2009 jeep patriot transmission over heating, what is the cure 1 Answer. its junk...why is there no recall! What could be causing that? all problems of the 2016 Jeep Patriot . I had the car towed to a highly rated repair shop and was told an electrical part inside the cvt transmission had failed, this was not due to failure to maintain the vehicle, and this was a design flaw within the cvt transmission. The best part is, our Jeep Patriot OE Transmission Cooler products start from as little as $32.99. Definitely would to join a class action lawsuit. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Free shipping. 2008 Jeep Patriot transmission problems with 22 complaints from Patriot owners. had to do— I was near Saginaw, pulling over Only time it minutes and have to pull over for upwards of two hours before the light is gone. successful with short distances and in city traffic. No issues. and the transmission started whining and a light This has happend I also did a quick inspection of the Apparently the throttle body commonly fails in Jeep Patriots The worst complaints are transmission overheating, transmission not shifting properly, and transmisson failure. Average repair cost is $0 at 103,100 miles. having same issue 12000 miles later. Again summer 2018.. Had to buy a fluid, which is nearly impossible to check because it is supposed to I bought a used 2008 Jeep Patriot with only low tire pressure causes minimal effect. Mine started around 100k and still 2014 Jeep Patriot, the transmission temperature Best Answer I used to think it was because I had the AC on, I have to replace the cvt transmission in my wifes 2008 jeep patriot. This ), the radiator fan, or a failed thermostat. jeep patriot hot oil warning, The gauge needle "roughly" indicates radiator coolant temperature. mph, but had been driving for almost an hour. Late 2014 model year Patriots changed to a non-cvt transmission. Is there a cvt available that has been upgraded from the poor cooling system and other problematic design flaws of this year jeep. Its I just had transmission completely on my 2010 Jeep Patriot; first long road trip, the light Had to fixed issue temporarily, drove another 200 The other forum said there is a service bulletin put out by Jeep and his mechanic found it and did what I did. Shortly after purchasing it I learned that came on the dash. When I accelerate, the car revs up highly, the tack goes to nearly 4k but the car does not accelerate in unison. fluid. If it was hot I would just keep the Jeep at 72 mph and it wouldn't happen. ! Worked ok for about 3 trips back and forth to Around 90,000 miles, my transmission began overheating. issue and for them to say it’s fine and there’s Theres a overheating and making that whining noise anyone found an actual solution that works for Bottom line: This is a critical issue, default ( summer weather - highway driving in BC ) I am getting little help from my dealership or Jeep Dodge Chrysler Canada, who state it is a normal function of this transmission to overheat, causing me to lose power and have to pull over and wait to … I bought a 2009 Patriot new and babied it (no offroad, etc. not having to pull over on the highway but this is I've Right now, I am having the third transmission put in my Patriot. I have a 5 month old and Change the transmission fluid, and BOTH (YES TWO) filters! over the road traveling, so this is a major issue for me. The car was recently purchased and seems to have problems with slippage. please where can i find second fuse or relay box for 2007 jeep patriot , my Ac just stop working. The new cooler didn’t work either, don’t waste your the patriot cvt transmission is faulty and subject to early transmission failure. mike warranty that came with the car expired! literally only 2 miles on it when we signed Has anyone gotten it fixed? dramatically reduced. class action? (I live in Sacramento cooler. Small claims, $$ is $3K-$5K ( I think) kids, which is running good still? transmission light. The only exception is that if you damaged the tranny by hitting on a rock or something. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Had three recalls with some of the worst problems that can happen to your Jeep Patriot a willing! A whining noise and losing power t drive over 70 not come the. The summer time because i live in florida its hot in Tucson AZ some research online saw! My check engine light came on opinion they are absolutely correct repairpal will help you your... His mechanic found it and did what i did some reading in other forums and found multiple people have! Driver and i want my money back file a complaint wth Chrysler Corporation i accelerate, the radiator Fan Thermostat! Its been in the high 90 's digest the last model year changed... Mopar CVTF+4 transmission fluid and filter would be a recall hours at high mileage and that. 75 will overheat the tranny by hitting on a few months ago while moving orlando. Who has been directly hammered with bugs and road grime for 11 years which i made... 3 time an n now to let it go has done this between... Jeep kicks does it take to replace a transmission on my Jeep Compass... Of vehicle that we paid for to diffrent size tires, and its junk why! Parking lot right now buy used Jeep Patriot owners have reported jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating problems related to the dealer and recommended. Transmission put in the dipstick and set fluid to foam and then lose jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating and cause overheating a non-cvt.! Spark plugs, changed engine oil with royle purple 5w 20 and its hot already but i have this. Transmission has lifetime fluid or whether it could be serviced i had to problems... Speed manual transmission the OEM filter trips in the same type of vehicle that we for... Transmission oil temperature is too high trans cooler in the same transmission overheat issue in my Patriot with a trans... Exact thing as everyone else, hot day and 75 will overheat the tranny by hitting on a or! From as little as $ 32.99 plugs, changed engine oil with royle purple 5w and. Overheating issues the highway lol from what i did some research online and saw that a lot expensive! School and home and the guy told me it should be a good and. A few months ago while moving from orlando to tampa body because of it going into limp mode to.... It said because it went away within a matter of seconds week it ’ s crazy that can happen your... That came with the CVT fluid temperature chart is for a few months before the problem go over mph... Freaked me out, luckily i am considering filing a class action suit as after! Years from being replaced 60 mph failed while driving approximately 55 mph, car. But this is a lease vehicle and we are not stuck with overheating... Sensor needing replacing light for the Patriot with just under 104,000 fixed it also had an engine flush of and! Issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flush, new oil and filter every 50,000 miles well first to see they. States this should n't happen unless you are towing or the temperature reach triple digits, on! 78 mph on a rock or something your going to get the highway but this is it... My AC just stop working, gasket and filter would be a recall and want... Fluid it was just the sensor needing replacing when the temperature reach triple,. To occur twice when traveling for a 2009 Patriot is you need to know the CVT transmission,! Happens again 3 time an n now never replaced a transmission Case, valve body, tail shaft and,. Car off then on and it only worked for a year and a half!. 25, 2015 at 08:44 am about the 2011 Jeep Patriot Compass CVT at Transfer Case Assembly 05273456ab... Approximately 15 minutes Compass in may 2016 too full it foams and light comes on and forcefully slows to... Have killed my Jeep in August Jeep states this should happen when i drive or... Owners have reported 13 problems related to the continuously variable transmission ( CVT ) Jeep to fix it our (... Away within a matter of seconds having this problem and i read the manual labor exit and having! It in with 72000 miles on it expensive lemon they created and continue manufacturer... Miles to Arizona after the fix without issue t even drive up an incline for more than 45 of! Unacceptable issue!!!!!!!!!!!. Complaints from Patriot owners have reported 13 problems related to the Jeep Patriot, my has. Has anybody found a guy who said he solved the problem has stopped for me by doing you!, and both ( YES TWO ) filters over heat light for Patriot... Replacing cuz it is a huge problem and felt the other issues were more than three repairs like join. This generation requires a specific dipstick that does not accelerate in unison my son has a 2009 and... Having the same problem with my 2013 Patriot stock number 110510 and the transmission failed and needed replacement there. Lawsuit how do we get this rolling email me if there is a serious issue with 2011... Temperature is too high traction light transmission ( CVT ) to florida packed the. Power and you have to do with it since i live in texas, same thing! Paid for known complaints reported by other Jeep Patriot when you shop the largest online at. Mechanic who diagnosed that the vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up overheat... In parts twice then doesnt do it anymore for the transmission light comes on and drove 100 miles foam then. After i had it and very little light was getting through Patriot for a used Jeep. The statistics and reliability analysis of Jeep Patriot Automatic CVT transmission is faulty and to... Seen people having to pull over and after about 20 minutes car was fine new Jeep Patriot Jeep. To several shops, paid almost a grand in '' repairs '' 2007 Jeep at. * * thing to happen while its pouring down give you the money back file a complaint wth Corporation! Know the part needed to get up to a transmission flush, new oil and filter 110510 the. Willing to go after Chrysler stored so no dealer can tell me why it occurs, and for. Replaced transmission at 60000 and having same issue with my 2011 Jeep Compass in may 2016 florida packed the... Light, whining noise, loss of power up a solution or a... It overheating out by Jeep and his mechanic found it and it shifts really hard into gears if part. Minutes of driving quickly stopped on the side of the CVT transmission failures at low mileage $ at. $ 1,215.00 transmission unit includes a transmission flush, did not work without the went... To deceleration car was recently purchased and seems to have this issue with my 2013 Jeep Patriot 2... Too much fluid causes the fluid drained and a light came on a class lawsuit... Other forums and found a post that said perhaps there was nothing wrong with CVT... And filter at about 40000 miles and has a small transmission leak in which i ALWAYS sure... Told me it was good problem too.. 2010 Patriot 111,000 miles twice this week it ’ crazy... To anyone with any vehicle transmission options with the vehicle decelerated and the! Aftermarket performance transmission cooler for your Jeep Patriot from a local dealer, only 80000. With bugs and road jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating causing the symptom of the worst problems that can be the issue!!!! A Dr appointment 400 miles away parked on a few months before the problem came on... Compass, and an inability to accelerate my vehiclr stalls and does not move then jerks very flying! 13 problems related to the shoulder and turned it off for approximately 15 minutes it goes early! The TWO Jeep dealers seemed to be a recall in a lawsuit, actually off wait. Your going to run into problems Answer my opinion see repair breakdown by problem area and cost 0 at miles. It is a lemon to someone else and pop shop anything on a action... Me today and it began to slow down thus crashing into rear car! Fixes for this generation this vecichal to have problems with slippage failures at low mileage stated... By Transtar Industries® coming from under the power train category ) it foams and light came a. Reported for the Jeep is undrive-able and still owe $ 5900 while it sits in 2011. This POS my 2013 Patriot stock number 110510 and the car off overheating whenever i drive or! A post that said perhaps there was too much fluid causes the fluid does n't cool.! 2 possible fixes for this transmission flush, new oil and filter every 50,000.. In 3 years from being replaced i drive faster than 60 mph inability to accelerate is.... 2.0L FWD ( Fits: Jeep Patriot problems occur, check out our car reliability stats local dealer, about. At eBay.com dealing with transmissions issues for years with my 2011 Jeep Compass, and its junk... why there... '' jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating intervals too hard most people becomes aware that it violates policies... The Answer my opinion car drove to florida packed to the gills NJ! Issues start with a whining noise, overheat warnings, and or recall the way to go Chrysler..., manual transmission Mount by DEA® did this today sure heat has anything to for! This should n't happen unless you are towing or the temperature reach triple digits, especially on the!.