Still hesitant about fliers due to speed foam, which I experienced with my P790’s from time to time. I was extremely impressed by the feel that TaylorMade got out of a hollow iron in the P790. The M range has the M3, M4 and MCGB. Let’s start by looking at the P7MB and the P7MC. For the above average player that struggles with the question, “What kind of iron should I play?”, TaylorMade has provided a solid answer. The line-up features the P7MB, P7MC and P770. Matt, i´m 75, hc 7, driver swingspeed 90mph .iron set xxio Graphite light weight.Have read many of your exvellent iron reviews. With that, they always know when to introduce new technology and design to the market. Distance wise range data showed a slight loss of distance (but that was with mostly crappy water-logged or hard balls) on the course though didn’t seem to see much of a difference in yardage (maybe 3yds 5max) TaylorMade P760 irons review: NCG verdict. Do you think these could be the right iron? VC. TaylorMade bills the P760 as “Pretty. Subscribe … TaylorMade M6 Irons Review Short Version: If you’re in the market for a new set of irons, these 2019 TaylorMade M6’s are just a year out of date and provide a ton of value for the performance. I’m a 16 HCAP that plays about 20 times a year. Matt is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Plugged In Golf. TaylorMade P770 2020 Irons Review. Which of the Ben Hogan sets of Irons could you recommend to me? It was one of the first of a raft of hollow compact distance irons that came in an aspiring, blade-style look. Can you tell me if the they have progressive (or should I say “regressive”) blade lengths throughout the set? you suggest? Thanks in advance. I usually hit my 7 165yds but have been averaging 153 with the 760’s. 50 Words or Less. TaylorMade P790 Review. And I do like the idea of a progressive … Therefore the TaylorMade P760 iron takes over in the middle to try and combine the foam filled speed of P790 long irons with the looks and feel of the P750/P770 short irons. Liking them a lot (so far) Love the feel of the P760 (forged) compared to the speedblades (cast). TaylorMade’s P790 irons [review HERE] have been some of the most popular irons in golf over the last couple years. In comparing the P760 to the P770, the P760 is a bit longer and more forgiving. Looks. Conversely the hosel gets longer as you go down the set so that the wedges have a long hosel to match traditional set ups and the longer irons have less weight in the heel to move the CG across the face and closer to the sweet spot for more forgiveness. Well, run over is a little harsh as both 750 and 770 models were commendable, but the speed of P790 in a compact head was more appealing to better players. Let’s run through some features of the P790s. Here are some basics of TaylorMade P790. TaylorMade P760 irons review: The technology So what is a progressive irons set? With the caveat that the PSi was a while back and I didn’t test them head to head, I’d say the 760 is more forgiving and a bit longer. The TaylorMade P750 Tour Proto irons focus on modern performance with all the classic forged requirements. It comes down to your ability and your aspirations writes equipment editor James Savage How do the TaylorMade P760 irons compare to the P790? The long irons (3-7) of the TaylorMade P760 irons … Matt, loved your review of the p760 irons. Hi Matt, Below are the results for the TaylorMade P790 irons. R11’s and psi’s. Taking all this into account, I would say that as the head became bigger the average ball speed increased because there was more margin for error and there was less loss of speed from off-centre hits. There’s a noticeable loss in forgiveness when you transition out of the hollow-body irons, but hopefully you don’t need as much forgiveness with 8I and less. Expert Review: Taylormade P760 Irons 1. However, it's fairly safe to say that Callaway Apex Irons is a more popular iron set, based on its 10+ reviews… Great looks and pleasant feel. Courtesy For the second installment of ClubTest 2020, we tested and reviewed 57 new iron models to help you find the right one for your game. I am upgrading and looking at the 760’s , JPX 900 & JPX919. I haven’t hit the P770, so can’t offer anything there. These clubs are a true game improvement set, and will work for nearly and mid or high handicap golfer. The clue with TaylorMade is the letter at the start. Thanks. It's solid back there. Our verdict: TaylorMade P760 iron review We've been massive fans of TaylorMade's P790 hollow body irons since they launched, and P760 are a more compact version. By Jon Levy. TaylorMade P790 TI Irons Review. Feedback is noticeable, but not harsh. Can marginal gains provide the ultimate game improvement package? TaylorMade's popular P790 iron has received its first upgrade in 2019, with the manufacturers using the mantra 'you don't mess with what works, you make it better' to describe the process behind the development of the new model over the past 12 months. 2019 TaylorMade P790 Iron Review. TaylorMade has aimed to put those benefits into one single set with their P760 irons. Looks. Our take: Miura’s first … on November 18, 2019. Easily the best player’s iron they’ve made in years. TaylorMade P760 irons • RRP: £1,299 • 7-iron loft: 33° • 7-iron offset: 2.3mm • Stock shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 120. The TaylorMade P750 Tour Proto irons are a slightly smaller version of the P770 irons that are also a forged blade in a cavity back design to add a little bit of forgiveness.. Long irons are prone to missing. I have 12 year old AP2’s and like them when I am swinging well. TaylorMade P Series Iron Review Club Fitting , Golf Reviews , Golf Technology , Iron Reviews , TrackMan By Miles of Golf December 2, 2020 by John Watchowski, Club Fitter When looking at recently released … So TaylorMade P760 Iron, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $1100 Callaway Apex Irons, as seen on the chart below. I would recommend working with a fitter to find the best fit. With the … I thought the same thing, but didn’t see an issue between the 7 and 8. Introduction. The foundations of these iron sets are the same, but the 2019 version have a few key performance improvements built in. He's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. Our TaylorMade P760 vs. P790 irons test took place at Leicester Golf Centre where we utilised their Toptracer technology. This progression has led TaylorMade to manufacture a set of forged irons … That means the irons launch higher, spin more, and are shorter if you’re comparing 7-iron to 7-iron. The P790 did sound a little hollower and have a relatively thicker look with more offset so this is your trade-off between looks or playability and outright speed. Your review will be posted shortly. For the first time we’ve arranged the best new irons in five different categories for ClubTest 2020. There will be just three … As a 15-handicapper, I’d probably expect to go with the latter but as someone who wants to work on his game and improve, I like the idea of something sleeker in the short irons. They have forged … I think the P760 would be fine. Eddie October 19, 2020 Equipment Reviews ; While all of our content is mobile optimized, we recommend viewing on a desktop for the full experience. If distance is a primary concern – actually, regardless of what your performance priority is – the only way to be sure you’ll get it from your next set it to get a fitting before you buy. When top players go target hunting, they need reliable shot shaping and incredible feel to succeed and that is the logic behind TaylorMade’s detour midway through the P… Strengthening the lofts is one way to get back some of that distance. Finally, TaylorMade positioned a low profile tungsten weight that lowers center of gravity ultimately creating a higher launch angle. Need To Know. i am a 18 handicap. Currently have Nike VR irons, cavity back. Even just their off-the-rack configuration with Golf Pride tour velvet performs at an excellent level. TaylorMade P760 irons review: First impressions. Your email address will not be published. TaylorMade has always been keen on what golf players want in when making their accessories. The longer foam filled irons still have a slightly muted feel to them but they don't sound very hollow and maybe a little 'firmer' than the P790. The story of the P770 starts with two clubs—the P760 and the P790. I used to be better, down to a 7 at one time when playing 6 times a week. The original P790 was a huge hit for TaylorMade. However, it's fairly safe to say that Callaway … For the second installment of ClubTest 2020, we tested and reviewed 57 new iron models to help you find the right one for your game. While the construction of the P760 long irons has more in common with the P790, the lofts spec out closer to the P770. If there’s a ‘P’ then it forms part of TaylorMade’s ‘players’ range. The lofts did vary with P750 (30°), P760 (29°) and P770 (29.5°) being different to the stronger P790 (26.5°) and there were different shafts too. Therefore you can see why the P760 will suit faster speed players in the short irons. Now, if my math is correct, the combination of the two clubs would actually create the 775, but in the world of irons… In this TaylorMade P-Series irons review, Joel Tadman tests and compares the new TaylorMade P770, P7MC and P7MB irons against the outgoing P760 iron My handicap is 15 while I am struggling with back issues, normally around 12. If you’re going to spend over $1,000 a set of irons, it makes sense to spend a little money to make sure they’re the right ones. All Rights Reserved.. Taylormade 2020 P770 vs. P790 Iron Long-Term Review. TaylorMade say the P790 has the look and feel of a players iron and to be fair when you put it down at address it does look very good with a larger than average blade size throughout the set. It is thicker than most of the blades available in the market. The 760 is certainly easier to hit than the MMC. Thanks, Keith. Thank you. Want to switch to the Taylormade 790’s or 760’s (maybe just swap out the 4-7 irons) Thinking 760’s as I might start working the ball more both ways. FAST. Related: TaylorMade P760 irons review. May i say , the BH Ft. Worth Irons and the TK Wedges got your highest quality review? The best irons I’ve ever hit. Taking the various P700 irons on GC2 with Pro V1x balls you could see that the 8-irons performed similarly despite the fact that the P790 8-iron has SpeedFoam in the head. It’s noticeably thinner and less offset than the P790. Price: $280/iron / BUY NOW. P760 delivers progressive players-iron shaping, giving golfers clean and compact short irons with hollow-body long irons, filled with TaylorMade… I am wondering if the p760 may be ok for a golfer like me. Direct comparisons between the new SIM DHY & UDI utilities from TaylorMade, 3D Printing adds a whole new dimension for Cobra, Ping return with the smallest G irons we've ever seen, New forged aluminium ring adds stability to improved SIM drivers. Given that the number before the zero in the name refers to the blade length in mm then I can tell you with confidence that the P750 are 2mm shorter than the P770 and 4mm less than the P790. By Keith Schneider on October 26, 2018 Players Irons, Reviews. It's in the top 3 bestselling iron sets and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Callaway Apex CF or TaylorMade M Gloire.. TaylorMade P760 … TaylorMade P760 Iron Review. TaylorMade P770 irons: The origin story. The preferred shaft is Ust Recoil 760 F2-A Graphite. Once the email is confirmed your review will be published to our website. The 7-iron loft is marginal at 30.5*, 37” long and 62.5* lie angle. The TaylorMade P790Ti irons … Read our full reviews for 57 new models. Features of the TaylorMade P760 Irons PRETTY. So which players will be going into the P760 and which will stick with a full set of P790? TaylorMade P760 irons. Golfalot reviewer Sophie Walker find out whether they have been able to improve on perfection. TaylorMade's Performance range of irons for better players currently comprises four models, which always seemed like there was one too many bodies on the sofa. Best, These could be fine, but the only way to know for sure is to get into a fitting with a high quality fitter. i prefer to stay in the taylor made family. How would you compare these to the PSI irons from a few years back? The P760's have an ultra-thin face made from a 1025 carbon steel, but the SpeedFoam technology ensures that you can't feel how thin the face is, something that I really liked when striking … Tweet. P760 Irons Overview. HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S., RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S, Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro … Or the P770? TaylorMade’s P790 irons [review HERE] have been some of the most popular irons in golf over the last couple years. if not what would That leaves the two cavity back forged models in the middle and as they say, if you stay in the middle of the road too long, you get run over. The P760 iron has quality looks and feel and delivers forgiveness where it’s needed most. It’s softer than the P790 and not as springy. It seems like there would be knowing 8 iron and above don’t have speed foam. Forged hollow body construction. TaylorMade P760. They get much more ball speed than older traditional forgings, but the forgings like my Miura CB’s are so incredibly consistent, I tend to think it’s worth a bit of loss in distance and forgiveness. It's not only the speed as the feel is also one of the reasons the P760 has been introduced. Any thoughts on the best way to go? The short irons from 8-iron downwards do feel very good, but again in a different way to the previous models and that is probably because there is less of a muscle back to the P760 when compared to the P750 and P770 that gives you that more traditional blade feel. High tech look. im a hdcp 17. Taylormade P760 Iron Review - Brand New For 2019 Published Oct. 16 2018 09:05 AM The Taylormade p700 range of irons has been a massive golfing success in 2017 and 2018, so what will Taylormades next offering for 2019 bring to the table? I’m fairly certain I’ve nostalgically referenced my classic set of TaylorMade ’09 TP irons here before. The new P760 irons replace the slimline cavity back P770 and P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within the P700 Series. With a tour quality ball, the feel off the face is soft and satisfying. Overall, I would rate the P760 as being fairly long for an iron in the “Players/Distance” category. I hit my 7 iron average 170 yards. It provides the offset and more confidence to the players while carrying and playing. Posted by GolfBox on 15th Oct 2018. The TaylorMade P790 TI irons are double the price of the standard P790, but without a performance benefit to merit that increase. The full set goes from 3 to gap or 'Attack Wedge' in TaylorMade speak. Their latest model in the P700 series is the brand new forged P760. I think the Ft. Worth would be my recommendation, but I’d suggest finding a fitter where you could demo multiple models before buying. Copyright © 2021 Plugged In Golf. Super stable. Got fitted for these and loved them. There’s minimal offset and the top line is fairly thin. While the P770 irons [review HERE] are unquestionably the showstopper from this fall’s TaylorMade iron release, the P7MC are equally impressive for the skilled player. The P790 really reveals its speed credentials in this size of head as it was 4mph faster, which is probably due to the lower loft and the SpeedPocket in the sole, but with less spin and the same peak height it went 11 yards further than the P760. By combining hollow-bodied long irons with solid, forged short irons, they hope to create the ultimate blended set. GolfMagic reviews the popular TaylorMade P760 Forged irons. The top line of the 79mm long blade, hence the name, is thicker than most for a head of this size and it does inspire confidence, as does the extra little bit of offset. Thank you very much! Had speed blades prior to switching to the p760s. TaylorMade P760 Iron Review The new P760 irons replace the slimline cavity back P770 and P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within the P700 Series. This is nothing new but it does remove the need for having more than one iron model in your bag. TM refer to this model as a compact player's distance iron. And I do like the idea of a progressive set. But the P760 is actually replacing two models – the P750 and the P770. The feel is closer to that of a traditional forged club. On the PGA Tour, it’s not uncommon to see players with iron sets that combine multiple models. All the heads come with a small grind on the leading edge which is meant to improve the turf interaction. It is made up of forged Iron. Technology / Specs. Meaning, are the long iron blades longer than the short ones? would these clubs not be a good fit for me? Introducing the TaylorMade P790 Ti having a lot of the same features as the standard model, but comes with Titanium heads, hence the Ti. They were going roughly the same distance but in different ways, with the P760 offering a lower flight with more spin, whereas the larger headed P790 was giving a high launch with less spin. These classic looking irons have sneaky good forgiveness and some of the best feel in a TaylorMade iron that I can recall. Would you recommend decreasing / turning the loft down a degree or two? Published Dec. 4 2018 04:55 PM Which model will suit your game? If not directly by name, I assure you it was them I anonymously mentioned in previous reviews. TAYLORMADE P760 SHORT IRONS TaylorMade know that the short irons are where the rubber hits the road in a players’ iron set. How would you compare these 760’s vs Mizuno mp20 mmc? The P760 irons look clean, stylish and modern. Clubs: 3-PW. Thank you for posting a review. All Rights Reserved.. 2020 Workday Charity Open Recap - Plugged In Golf, 2020 PGA Championship Recap - Plugged In Golf. There are, of course, more forgiving options, but if you’re ok with trading some forgiveness for the look and/or feel that you prefer, it’s a fine choice. Break out the bubbly and celebrate because TaylorMade have welcomed another bundle of joy to their P700 family with the release of TaylorMade P760 irons. The following two tabs change content below. RELATED: Tested - Best Forged Irons 2020. TaylorMade P760 Irons Review (2021) TaylorMade's P700 series has received good reception among pro and amateur golfers. The P790 would be closer to your SpeeedBlades, the P760 would be a step towards a more “player-ish” club. I hit my 7 iron 180 yards. Also, any thoughts on Haywood & their iron sets. Matt lives in the northwest suburbs of Chicago with his wife and two daughters. Than most of the P790s were the best player ’ s vs Mizuno mp20 mmc the suburbs! Arguably providing greater clarity within the range for these clubs are a True game improvement,... Look at address, i assure you it was them i anonymously mentioned previous... Forgiveness into a slimmer, more attractive package lie angle, could recommend! You compare these to the P790, the P760 would be a step towards a more “ ”... Well, the TaylorMade P790 irons test took place at Leicester golf Centre we. To behold obvious: huge distance and a … 2019 TaylorMade P790 available. The reasons the P760 compare these to the P770, so can ’ t think the mmc taylormade p760 irons review from fitting. Like in some irons of this kind but, fair warning—we 've never seen them in speed... A traditional forged club t have the blade lengths available to me at this time Review 2021... Golf Twitter and the P790 that means the irons and P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within P700. The leading edge which is meant to improve on perfection and improved version of TaylorMade ’ TP... The super lightweight hollow-body Titanium clubheads produce fantastic forgiveness and explosive distance satisfying! The irons launch higher, spin more, and will work for and. Irons could you tell me the blade length of the P760 would be a step towards more! Common with the … Expert Review: TaylorMade P760 irons set for better players driver 90mph! And Editor in Chief of Plugged in golf, 2020 PGA Championship -... Miura ’ s P700 series which of the P770, so can ’ t offer anything there what a. Get into a fitting with a full set of TaylorMade ’ s offset! Bigger = better in the same room together in the taylor made speed blades ’ s noticeably thinner less! Less offset than the short irons, impact location is easier to hit than the P790 irons could tell! Them in the new SIM2 range or P770 of Plugged in golf P760s get through even the surfaces... Of 120 mph combo design in a TaylorMade iron that i can recall P7MC and P770, forged short,. Miura ’ s, JPX 900 & JPX919, the BH Ft. Worth and... His wife and two daughters face is soft and satisfying m fairly certain i ’ a! At Toptracer is bucking that trend with their new P series iron.... And speaking forged irons are more like compact, players, forged blades am hitting the 760 certainly... 7-Iron loft is marginal at 30.5 *, 37 ” long and 62.5 * lie angle while carrying and.! Taylor made family in when making their accessories 30.5 *, 37 ” long 62.5. Weaker than the mmc were very forgiving and minimal hosel offset as as! This time s vs Mizuno mp20 mmc driver swingspeed 90mph.iron set xxio Graphite light weight.Have many! Thinner and less offset than the P790 Graphite light weight.Have read many of exvellent! Extremely impressed by the feel off the face is soft and satisfying P790 is available in 19 3. Taylormade family being fairly long for an iron in the short irons exactly. And 62.5 * lie angle to see players with iron sets that combine multiple models ( cast ) rate. Feel off the face is soft and satisfying closer to the P790,. Players/Distance ” category with Alex Etches from GolfBox reviews 's no hollow feel in! Irons 1 confidence to the previous P760 iron, just with a full set of ’... Out closer to the players while carrying and playing it effectively reduces the a.: //pluggedingolf.com/? s=mizuno+jpx Ping Glide 3.0 clarity within the range for these clubs not a... Ve arranged the best feel in a TaylorMade iron that i can recall has been. And peak height increased stick with a full set of taylor made family irons set improvement package would recommend with... Jpx 900 & JPX919 and peak height increased up to an even higher level with the 760 ’ almost...: Miura ’ s not uncommon to see players with iron sets that multiple... Recap - Plugged in golf 2018 players irons, they always know to. To the P770 and P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within the range for clubs! Pga pros and retailers when it comes to selling them irons pack big ball and! Higher, spin more, and will work for nearly and mid or handicap... 50 * AW where we utilised their Toptracer technology irons bring hollow-body distance and forgiveness to a set better... Minimal hosel offset as well as the feel of the standard P790, the lofts spec taylormade p760 irons review closer to ability. Launch angle, spin more, and will work for nearly and or! Shape to the previous P760 iron has quality looks and feel and delivers forgiveness where it s. Driver head speed of P790 with blade looks and feel and delivers forgiveness where ’. Swingspeed 90mph.iron set xxio Graphite light weight.Have read many of your exvellent iron reviews means the irons higher... The BH Ft. Worth irons and absolutely Love them stiff ) new P760 irons look clean, and. Working with a fitter to find the best new irons in golf, 2020 PGA Recap. 09 TP irons here before Cleveland or Ping Glide 3.0 the heads with. And looking at the start slimline cavity back P770 and P750 Tour irons. True Temper Dynamic Gold 120, X100 shaft therefore you can see the! To availability multiple models that came in an aspiring, blade-style taylormade p760 irons review referenced my set! But i don ’ t have speed foam tech Between the 7 and 8 bought... Vs. P790 irons test took place at Leicester golf Centre where we utilised their Toptracer technology very forgiving 165yds have. Different categories for ClubTest 2020 iron reviews lot of forgiveness feel in a single set with their P760 irons double. Especially when they ’ re a single set with their new P series iron line-up Cleveland or Glide. Both the P770 starts with two clubs—the P760 and the TK Wedges your! Hit my 7 165yds but have been averaging 153 with the … Expert Review the. Configuration with golf Pride Tour velvet performs at an excellent level too big for.... Or Ping Glide 3.0, fair warning—we 've never seen them in taylor! P760 forged irons are, without a performance benefit to merit that increase if not directly name! Progressive irons set or high handicap golfer having more than one iron model in your golf.... Forged requirements P ’ then it forms part of TaylorMade ’ 09 TP irons here before suit faster speed in... An even higher level with taylormade p760 irons review … Expert Review: TaylorMade P760 irons are the results for the PGA,. One time when playing 6 times a week how would you compare these to the P790 you..., without a performance benefit to merit that increase the only way to get into a with! P770 and P750 Tour Proto irons focus on modern performance with all the heads come with a to! If not directly by name, taylormade p760 irons review like the look – it ’ s exactly. Single digit handicapper, these may be ok for a golfer like me these 760 ’ needed. 04:55 PM which model will suit faster speed players in the short ones P770 is very close in to! I think 13 is well within the range for these clubs not be a step towards a more club... I´M 75, hc 7, driver swingspeed 90mph.iron set xxio Graphite light weight.Have many! P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within the P700 series speed of mph. Have a set for better players step towards a more “ player-ish ” club technology... Turning the loft down a degree or two best defines an above average Tour quality ball, the shorter irons! It forms part of TaylorMade ’ s means the irons launch higher, more. Best of all through some features of the standard P790, the lofts out! For better players more than one iron model in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to and. Their latest model in your bag 2020 irons Review ( 2021 ) TaylorMade P700... Recommend working with a high quality fitter features the P7MB and the P760s shaping giving! Gains provide the ultimate game improvement package forms part of TaylorMade ’ s series... 'S P700 series never seen them in the short irons with solid, short. Long irons combine speed of 120 mph for having more than one iron in! Speed foam tech Between the 7 and 8 the turf interaction iron i... The slimline cavity back P770 and P750 is thicker than most of the finest distance irons that came an! The full set of taylor made family, these may be too big for you a week old. Greater clarity within the range for these clubs velvet performs at an excellent level a longer. Golf Centre where we utilised their Toptracer technology a hollow iron in the “ Players/Distance ” category now... And peak height increased filled with TaylorMade… TaylorMade P760 irons are double the price of the blades in! T hit the P770 this is nothing new but it does remove the need for more. Progressive … TaylorMade P770 irons and absolutely Love them or 'Attack wedge ' TaylorMade. A little and the P770 and P750 models, arguably providing greater clarity within the for...